- To represent our members in liaison with Alberta government in the process of establishing legislation for Traditional Chinese Medical Doctors in Alberta.
- To promote the recognition of the profession of Traditional Chinese Medical Doctor among the public.
- To maintain the professional standards of practice of Traditional Chinese Medicine among our members.
TYPES OF MEMBERSHIP
An applicant is eligible to apply for full membership if the applicant
- Has satisfactorily completed a formal, comprehensive, institution-based training in Traditional Chinese Medicine with a curriculum of minimum 2800 hours, or has satisfactorily completed another form of training that is substantially equivalent to the training program as mentioned above; and
- Has met the TCM competency requirement as defined by the Association, and
- Has satisfactorily completed an examination approved by the Association; and
- Has completed and submitted the application form prescribed by the Association and has paid the applicable fees; and
- Is practicing Traditional Chinese Medicine, and must have their clinic approved by the Association.
Full members are eligible to hold office, are entitled to all benefits provided by the Association and have the right to vote.
An applicant is eligible to apply for Student Membership if the applicant
- Is full or part time studying Traditional Chinese Medicine or Acupuncture; and
- Has completed and submitted the application form prescribed by the Association and has paid the applicable fees.
Student members can apply at any time for full membership status after fulfilling the requirements for Full Membership as determined by the Association.
Student members are entitled to benefits as determined by the Association. They are not eligible to hold office and don’t have the right to vote.
Notwithstanding any justifiable qualifications the Association has the discretion and right to refuse admission of the applicant without giving any explanation. The Association reserves the right to revoke the membership of the member.
A provincial, non-partisan and non-profit organization founded in Calgary, Alberta, Canada in 2001.
PERMITTED MODES OF PRACTICE
The technical modes of practice that the members of the Association may use are all the safe techniques, which are based on the theory of Traditional Chinese Medicine, as described in the TCM Competency requirement defined by the Association.
MEMBERSHIP FEE SCHEDULE
Initial Application Registration Fee: waived
First Year Membership Fee: January 1 – December 31: $50
First Year Membership Fee: July 1 – December 31: $25
Initial Application Registration Fee: $50
First Year Membership Fee: January 1 – December 31: $100
First Year Membership Fee: July 1 – December 31: $50
Your membership application is considered submitted only when the AAATCMD office has received ALL pieces of information required in order to process the application including the full payment amount.
- Copy of photo identification (drivers license, passport or citizen card)
- 1 copy of diploma/degree certification in TCM training and education
- 1 copy of Certificate of Alberta Acupuncturist Registration
TOTAL $150 (for first year) and $100 for subsequent years
Please submit the required TOTAL fee with your application immediately after applying.Please submit this by cheque (made out to AAATCMD) by mailing to:PO Box 22002 Bankers Hall, Calgary, AB, T2P 4J1or e-transfer to firstname.lastname@example.org